These coaching clinics are available to Missouri Youth Soccer members. These courses run two to three hours long, and there is no state certification for this clinic. The clinic is designed solely for providing supplemental coaching education for coaches.
The strength of the Missouri Youth Soccer clinic is that it is designed to focus on specific soccer topic areas identified by you. It can be set up to serve as an overview for all your league’s first year coaches or can be designed to target the coaches for specific age groups. You can determine the topic that will serve your coaching needs best.
The true value of this program is also derived from being a hands-on clinic with the action taking place in “the true classroom” upon the field. Active participation is strongly encouraged to add to the participants’ understanding and experience gained from the clinic, but is not required.
Each member can host this clinic free of charge once a year, coordinated with Missouri Youth Soccer Director of Coaching.
* Laws of the Game
* Teaching Proper Techniques
* Organizing & Running Effective Practice Sessions
* Small -Sided Soccer
* Fun Games Kids Love to Play
* Team Management (Coaching Philosophy, Roles of the Coach, Methods of Coaching, Sideline Coaching)
* Beginners Guide to Team Tactics (U12 and above)
* Retrieval Games (U8 and below)
* Minimum age – 16 years old
* Minimum class size – 20 participants
Course Length: 2-3 hours
Cost: Free (for MYSA Members)
There is no state certification for this clinic. It is for educational purpose only.