We can say that I-44 has been re-opened in southern Missouri near Lebanon, but many other areas continue to be affected by the flooding. For this reason, we will allow teams to voluntarily withdraw from the tournament no later than 10:30am on Thursday, 5/4/17 and receive a full refund of the tournament fee. Should brackets need to be redrawn due to substantial withdraws we will do so with the intention that teams will remain playing at their general time-slots to not affect travel.
Currently we have 5 turf fields reserved in Springfield if needed, in addition to these the grass fields will be evaluated on Thursday morning and the number of fields we have available will dictate the number of games we can play this weekend if weather remains an issue.
Should play need to be limited due to field availability the oldest age groups would take priority over younger groups with any non-advancing ages (U12) cancelled entirely with full refund. At 11:00am on Thursday, 5/4/17 we will announce the ages/brackets that will play this weekend should this be needed.
It should be noted that we must have teams to advance to Regionals and hopefully Nationals so any age group that does not play this weekend will have the opportunity to play in a single elimination competition over Memorial Day weekend in Springfield to find advancing teams. The decision to play in this competition will need to be made by 3pm on Monday, May 8th and any team choosing not to participate over Memorial Day shall be refunded their fee less a $25 assessment.
Lastly, we ask that only a coach or manager contact our offices with questions as our phone lines will get bogged done should parents start to call. Our website and Twitter feed will update as needed this weekend.
Thank you and our prayers to the members that are affected by the flooding in Missouri and surrounding areas.